Sunday 18th June was a scorcher. As the longest day drew near, the Friends of Hemingfield Colliery gathered their display materials, leaflets, booklets and badges and headed in to Barnsley town centre. The destination, the beautiful 1933 listed town hall building, whose white Portland stone facade was resplendent against the bright blue sky.
The Friends had a very busy time over the weekend of 21-22nd February, with volunteers hard at work on site in Hemingfield on both Saturday and Sunday.
Directors Steve and Glen were joined by a number of regular volunteers on what was another cold, but beautifully bright day on Saturday.